Kenneth Showalter, Ph.D.
Ph.D., University of Colorado
Dr. Showalter's research interests focus on chemical kinetics; oscillatory reactions; reaction dynamics in open chemical systems; chemical waves.
Dr. Showalter is the recipient of the prestigious Alexander von Humboldt Award.
1. A. F. Taylor, M. R. Tinsley, and K. Showalter, “Insights into Collective Cell Behaviour from Populations of Coupled Chemical Oscillators,” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 17, 20047 (2015).
2. M. R. Tinsley, D. Collison and K. Showalter, “Three-Dimensional Modeling of Propagating Precipitation Waves,” Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, 25 (6), 064306 (2015).
3. K. Showalter and I. R. Epstein, “From Chemical Systems to Systems Chemistry: Patterns in Space and Time,” Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, 25 (9), 097613 (2015).
4. H. Ke, M. R. Tinsley, A. Steele, F. Wang, and K. Showalter, “Link Weight Evolution in a Network of Coupled Chemical Oscillators,” Phys. Rev. E 89, 052712 (2014).
6. M. S. Patel, U. Patel, A. Sen, G. C. Sethia, C. Hens, S. K. Dana, U. Feudel, K. Showalter, C. N. Ngonghala, and R. E. Amritkar, “Experimental Observation of Extreme Multistability in an Electronic System of Two Coupled Rössler Oscillators,” Phys. Rev. E 89, 022918 (2014).
7. Mark R. Tinsley, Darrell Collison, and Kenneth Showalter, “Propagating Precipitation Waves: Experiments and Modeling,” J. Phys. Chem. A 117, 12719-12725 (2013).
8. Simbarashe Nkomo, Mark R. Tinsley, and Kenneth Showalter, “Chimera States in Populations of Nonlocally Coupled Chemical Oscillators,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 244102 (2013).
9. Mark R. Tinsley, Simbarashe Nkomo, and Kenneth Showalter, “Chimera and Phase-Cluster States in Populations of Coupled Chemical Oscillators,” Nature Physics 8, 662-665 (2012).